The Sleep Lab
Sleep disorders prevent millions of Americans from getting a full night of restful, restorative sleep. The inability to get a good night's sleep is often overlooked or attributed to stress, anxiety or other health conditions. But restful sleep is an essential part of good health, and sleep problems can have a serious impact on your quality of life.
If you are having trouble sleeping at night, you may have a sleep disorder. The Sleep Lab at Scott Memorial Hospital is here to help. Our providers are involved in both patient care and treatment. Let us help you find the right solution to better your sleep.
Are you at risk for obstructive sleep apnea?
(Answer yes or no for each question)
- Do you snore?
- Do you feel fatigued during the day?
- Do you wake up feeling like you haven’t slept?
- Have you been told you stop breathing at night?
- Do you gasp for air or choke while sleeping?
- Do you have high blood pressure or are on medication to control high blood pressure?
If you answered YES to two or more questions you may be at risk for Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
What are the effects of sleep apnea?
If left untreated, sleep apnea can result in a growing number of health problems, including:
- High blood pressure
- Heart failure, irregular heartbeats, and heart attack
- Worsening of ADHD
- Daytime fatigue
You deserve a restful night's sleep. Contact your primary care physician to schedule a consultation. If you do not have a preferred physician, please contact us at 812.752.8504 and a team member will help you find the care you need.